These are usually about 22 feet long x 8 feet wide x 8 feet high. They can hold quite a bit of stuff! These containers can hold somewhere between 15 and 20 pickup truck loads of waste. This, of course, depends on what kind of debris it is and what kind of truck you have. This is usually the biggest container you can get and is ideal for large construction and demolition jobs.
Some of the things you should think about:
- How long do I need it? Most companies rent on a 7 day schedule.
- Don’t go over the allowed weight or you may be charged an extra fee.
- Don’t pile stuff up so high that it’s way over the top of the dumpster. There are laws about that and the person who picks it up may have to take some of the stuff out and leave it.
- Don’t put hazardous waste in them. This stuff needs to be disposed of properly.
- Make sure you have somewhere with plenty of room for maneuvering and will give you easy access when filling it up with debris.
- Make sure you understand all the extra costs that could be incurred–fees for fuel, overages, late fees, different kinds of waste, and tonnage.
What all will I be able to put in it?
- New house construction
- Commercial construction
- Whole house demolition
- Commercial demolition
- Large Renovations
- Whole roof replacements, whether residential or commercial
- Commercial site cleanups
- House clean-outs
- And anything else when you just need to get rid of a lot stuff!
Sometimes you just know you need the biggest dumpster, but other times you’re not sure what the right size is. One thing to note is that you don’t want cut it too close just to save a few bucks. If you do that, it may cost you in the long run. If you try to get by with the smallest container and then have too much waste for it, you end up having to rent a whole new container or having to keep one for a whole extra week! So instead of saving a few dollars, it actually costs you more!
Cities we service: Houston