These are usually about 22 feet long x 8 feet wide x 4 feet high. They can hold a pretty good amount of debris! These containers can hold approximately 8 to 12 pickup truck loads of material. This, of course, depends on what kind of debris it is and what kind of truck you have. You might use these for a large basement clean out or a partial demolition job.
Consider these things before you rent:
- Most places rent by the week, so think about how long you’ll need it.
- Extra costs could be incurred if you exceed the allowed weight.
- Usually you’re not supposed to have a bunch of stuff sticking out of the top of the dumpster. There are laws about that and the person who picks it up may have to take some of the stuff out and leave it.
- Just say no to hazardous waste!. This stuff needs to be disposed of properly.
- Pick a spot to put it where you can access it easily and so the person delivering and picking it up has room to maneuver.
- Make sure you understand all the extra costs that could be incurred–fees for fuel, overages, late fees, different kinds of waste, and tonnage.
How much and what kind of jobs can I use it for?
- Partial renovation
- Smaller commercial construction
- Partial house demolition
- Some commercial demolition
- Decent size landscaping job
- Roof replacements
- Commercial site cleanups
- House clean-outs
- And anything else when you just need to get rid of a lot stuff!
For most things around the house, this size would probably do the trick. If you’re not sure, one thing to note is that you don’t want cut it too close just to save a few dollars. If you do that, it could cost you in the long run. If you try to get by with the smallest container and then have too much debris for it, you might have to rent a whole new container or keep one for a whole extra week! So instead of saving a few bucks, it actually costs you more!
Cities we service: Houston