These are usually about 12 feet long x 8 feet wide x 3.5 feet high. Being the smallest of the dumpsters, these containers can hold 3 – 5 pickup truck loads of waste. This, of course, depends on what kind of debris it is and what kind of truck you have. This size would be ideal for cleaning out a basement or attic or maybe a smaller renovation project.
Considerations you need to take into account:
- For how long will you need it? A 7 day rental schedule is typical.
- If you exceed the maximum weight allowed you may be charged extra.
- If you stack stuff up so high that it’s sticking out the top, the person who picks it up may have to take some of the stuff out and leave it.
- Hazardous waste is not allowed and needs to be disposed of properly.
- Have a good spot picked out where you and the person dropping and picking it up can get to it easily.
- There could be extra costs associated with the rental–fees for fuel, overages, late fees, different kinds of waste, and tonnage.
What kind of clean up jobs would this size be good for?
- Smaller remodels
- Small demolition projects
- Partial roof repairs
- Landscape clean ups
- Garage or attic clean ups
- Small office clean ups
- Moving trash
- And anything else when you just need to get rid of some stuff!
Sometimes you know you need the smallest dumpster, but other times you’re not sure what the right size is. One thing to note is that you don’t want cut it too close just to save a few dollars. If you do that, it could cost you in the long run. If you try to get by with the smallest container and then have too much waste for it, you may have to rent a whole new container or have to keep one for another week! So instead of saving a few dollars, it actually costs you more!
Cities we service: Houston